Fife Group Self Storage Tips
Our Storage Blog
Space Estimator and Prices
360º Tour - Self-Storage
Top Tips For Storage
Our Top Tips for Storage
Why Fife Group?
If you’re considering using self storage or already have a unit, read our top tips for utilising the full potential of your storage space.
You might also find reading our blogs helpful, we write about different topics related to self-storage and removals. There are many useful articles available to read and you can also leave a message in the comments box. We hope you find these articles helpful and we look forward to reading your comments.
Our Top 10 Tips:
- If you are storing fridges and freezers remember to leave the door open, as they require ventilation
- Always use packaging materials to protect your goods whilst in storage
- Cardboard boxes, bubble wrap, tape, tissue paper, protective covers for soft furnishings, wardrobe boxes for clothing and more are great for protecting your belongings. Here at Fife Group, we have a range of packaging materials available to protect your items whilst in storage (costs apply)
- Mirrors, pictures, anything fragile should be wrapped in bubble wrap and stacked on their ends to prevent breakages
- It is always a good idea to make an inventory of your goods and label boxes for identification
- Always make fragile goods as FRAGILE to avoid unnecessary damage
- Fill boxes fully to avoid them collapsing, but make sure you can still lift them
- Plan how you are going to store your goods in your storage unit with heavier items at the bottom
- Ask if you are unsure of anything. Our team is fully trained and can help you with anything
- Be careful carrying heavy boxes. We have trolleys available to help make moving boxes easier