Our abrasive wheels course is designed to meet the requirements for training in line with the provision and use of work equipment regulation for safety in the use of abrasive wheels.
The course will cover the following:
- Hazards and risks arising from the use of abrasive wheels and precautions
- Methods of marking abrasive wheels with their type, size and maximum operating speed
- How to store, handle and transport abrasive wheels
- How to inspect and test abrasive wheels for damage
- The functions of all the components used with abrasive wheels such as flanges, blotters, bushes, and nuts
- How to assemble abrasive wheels correctly to make sure they are precisely balanced and fit to use.
- The proper method of dressing an abrasive wheel (removing dulled abrasive or other material from the cutting surface and/or removing material to correct any uneven wear of the wheel)
- The correct adjustment of the work rest on pedestal or bench grinding machines
- The use of suitable personal protective equipment